How many kids do you have? . . . That question has not gotten any easier to handle. I have three children, not two and I will never get used to saying that I have two children. Today I was asked a couple of times and Natalie, very matter-of-factly elaborated on how Jonathan died. The poor ladies didn’t know how to respond.
These days leading up to Jonathan’s birthday are harder than I expected. My emotions are a bit runny right now, and I’m not much fun to be around. So . . .how do I get a grip?
1. Declare: I HAVE THREE CHILDREN!
2. Crawl into my Heavenly Daddy’s lap and cry, scream, kick, whatever I need to do!
3. Let Him hold me.
4. Love and hold Brian,Daniel and Natalie a little tighter.
5. Drink Jarritos every day (Jonathan’s favorite).
6. Draw, write, walk.
8. Go to survivor’s group.
9. Speak scripture over the pain until the heartache subsides.
10. Blow out the candle on my first year of celebrating your birth . . . without you.