Grieving With the Mouse
What I’ve learned about grieving while havingÂ extravagant fun:
1. Your loved one should be present at theÂ event, so don’t expect your laugh, yourÂ plans, or your new life to not have the “empty chair” feeling.Â (I miss my rollercoaster partner.)
2. Honor their memory by being present with those around you.
3. Keep it simple. Complicated plans tend to unravel more easily, as well as tempers, when your emotions are raw and healing.
4. It is okay to have down time. Rest if you need it.
5. Do something that you would have done with the person. (Mount Everest was awesome!)
6. It is okay to cry.
7. Just keep swimming! One day you will find healing and have many adventures to share along the way. Who knows . . . you might see a Sea Turtle along the way!