It is Not About Our Circumstances
Romans 1:15Â That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. 16Â I am not ashamed of theÂ gospel, because it is the power of GodÂ for salvation to everyone who believes,first to the Jew, then to the Greek. 17Â For the gospel reveals the righteousness of God that comes by faith from start to finish, just as it is written: â€œThe righteous will live by faith.â€â€¦
If faith in Jesus Christ were dependent upon where we were born, who our parents are, or what religion we were brought up in, then the divisions in our beliefs would be concrete walls that were impenetrable. But trust in God, belief in His son Jesus is found throughout the world. Why?
- God desires a relationship with his creation
- Creation itself testifies that he is God
- Men and women testifying to the nations about what they have seen and heard of Jesus
- The Holy Spirit goes ahead, directs and softens, prepares, convicts and inspires
- The truth of Christ is emboldened by persecution rather than crushed
- We can test and see that God is good
- His word does not go out and come back void
Father, I praise you that you want to be known! You are not an inactive, distant God. Your will is done on earth as it is in heaven. Thank you for letting me be an instrument of your will. May my testimony of what I see and hear of you encourage all who cross my path. Amen
Thank you for the reminder about the Word not returning empty. Sometimes I get so lazy about sharing my faith and forget how important it is for people to know what gets me through living with quadriplegia day in and day out. This post was truly an inspiration for me today.
So glad Terri! Knowing that scripture has been life changing for me. There is freedom in knowing that it is obedience, not perfection that God is looking for in sharing the gospel.