“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:3).
Survivors of Suicide must do what our loved one could not–walk out of the darkness.
We cannot help what was, but we can be a part of changing what is. How?
- Humble ourselves (1 Peter 5:6)
- Be thankful (1 Peter 5:3)
- Be present in the lives around you and offer (Matthew 9:35-37)
- Pray for and defend the oppressed (Psalm 10:17-18)
- Pray for and challenge the oppressors (Matthew 5:44, Isaiah 1:17)
- Live your God-given life to the fullest (John 10:10)
- Take courage as you face your own weaknesses and temptations (Luke 8:4-15)
- Grieve with hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13)
- Walk together, supporting each other (1 Peter 5:2-4)
This is the foundation God is laying in my grief. that help me to continue through the valley of the shadow of death rather than becoming mired in the pit of despair.
If you would like to make a donation here is my link: