On the Bridge
on the sturdy bridge of hope.
When your kingdom crumbles to sobs.
and jump into the arms of truth.
Your face cupped in the hands God
who creates life out of nothing.
He shaped you to live full.
Turning Your Page
Surely my soul remembers and is humbled within me. Yet I call this to mind, and therefore I have hope: Because of the loving devotion of the LORD we are not consumed, for His mercies never fail.…Lamentations 3:20-22
Have you ever had a moment you thought you couldn’t get past? You thought the answer would never come, but just as every ounce of you strained to breaking, relief came. There is so much in this life that looks impossible, wait. Even if all you can do is stand on the bridge and do nothing. Hope will not disappoint you.
- Describe a moment you thought you could not withstand. What did it feel like at your lowest point? What kept you holding on?
- Draw a picture, or write a poem answering the following questions:
- What color, shape, sound does pain make in your life?
- What is something concrete in your life? Describe it using as many senses as you can.
- Is hope concrete in your life? Describe the elements that make hope sturdy. and trustworthy.
Holy Spirit come. I can’t see what comes next. All i can see is my world falling apart. You say faith is sturdy and will hold me up. I put my trust in that promise. Amen